Thursday, January 18, 2018

It's A Good Day When You Find A Dollar In Your Pocket

“It’s A Good Day When You Find A Dollar In Your Pocket”



            “It’s a good day when you find a dollar in your pocket.”  Those were the wise and excited words of my son as we got out of the car after church Sunday.  While he may have been displeased that he was forced to wear clothes without holes to church, he was indeed very jubilant that a $1.00 bill mysteriously appeared in his pants pocket.  Considering that was roughly 20 percent of his net worth I imagine it was indeed a good day for him!  Considering he wanted to buy a bag of Cheetos with twenty percent of his net worth reminded me I still have a lot of parenting left to do.

            Regardless, seeing his face and the excitement from this ‘blessing’ made me ponder how I often miss the blessings that come my way.  There was true joy on his face from this dollar.  It made me think, what blessings have come my way and how have I responded to them?  He really taught me something in that 45-second exchange. 

James 1:17 reminds us:

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

Philippians 4:19 declares:

And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.


What an amazing blessing it is to know that all good gifts come from God and that He will certainly meet all of our needs.  I encourage you to ponder the blessings of God today and express true gratitude to Him for those blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How do I Pray?

I was challenged this morning to think about how I pray?  Samuel Chadwick said, "Prayer is not a collection of balanced phrases, it is ...