Sunday, December 3, 2017

Evaluation Season

Evaluation Season

I love this time of year!  No, not for all of the reasons you may be thinking.  I can leave the decorations, cookies and all of that.  In fact, I grumble every year at the inefficiency of Christmas.  In my brain it makes no sense why you would spend an entire day decorating something knowing you are going to un-decorate in a month.  Pointless…to me, not my wife=)!
The reason I love this time of year is because it is what I call “evaluation season”.  The name of my BLOG is Life on Point, and as you can imagine there is a reason I chose that name.  I chose that name because I think the greatest waste of all is a life wasted; thus we need to ensure we live our life on point.  “Evaluation Season” gives us an opportunity to evaluate the previous year and look forward to the next so we can remain on point.
I was meeting with my good friend Denny Bates this week and he made a profound statement.  He said, “I cannot wish my legacy at my death.”  Do you hear the significance in those words?  What is being said there is that your legacy is not made at your death; your legacy is made day after day after day by the choices you make and the attitude in which you live out those choices.  God has given you life.  What a gift!  However, it is up to you to ensure that you live your life on point - that you live it with significance, purpose and intentionality.
Over the next couple of weeks I am going to share with you what I do during evaluation season.  Some of the ideas you will want to adopt.  Some of them will not make sense for you, but for now, consider 2017.  Did you live it on point?  A worn out, but apt cliché says this, “If you aim at nothing you will hit it every time.”  What did you aim at in 2017 and did you hit it?  Worse yet than not hitting your target is not knowing your target.  Over the next few weeks we will discuss how you can both know and hit your target for 2018 and beyond.

As always, if you have a question please email me at reeves.cannon@sandhurst.net.
Be sure to follow me on twitter, instagram or Facebook to receive the latest BLOG updates and other content.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How do I Pray?

I was challenged this morning to think about how I pray?  Samuel Chadwick said, "Prayer is not a collection of balanced phrases, it is ...