Wednesday, May 22, 2019

How do I Pray?

I was challenged this morning to think about how I pray?  Samuel Chadwick said, "Prayer is not a collection of balanced phrases, it is the pouring of the soul."  Often I find myself tempering my prayers as if I cannot boldly ask God to work how I want, need or desire Him to do.  As I contemplated my own prayers and how I approach God I thought about the persistence of my kids.  If you have kids you know what I am talking about.  If they want something they do not stop asking for it until it is given.  Even more how much does God, who loves us with an abounding love, desire for us to persist in sharing our heart and needs and desires with Him?  As Samuel Chadwick went on to say, "What is love if it is not fiery?"  What is it that you boldly need to ask God for?  Do not shy away.  Be bold, persistent and know that God, who loves you so much He sent His Son to die for you will give you what you need.  Be fiery in your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How do I Pray?

I was challenged this morning to think about how I pray?  Samuel Chadwick said, "Prayer is not a collection of balanced phrases, it is ...